Thursday, November 22, 2012

Friends and feasting

Part of living overseas, or travelling for an extended period of time, is missing holidays, birthdays, weddings, etc.

Sean and I are no stranger to this.

We once spent Christmas in Venice while it flooded. We once spent New Years Eve on a bus in Malaysia.

This year, though, a little bit of home came to us.

First, my mom.

Second, some ingredients for my favorite Thanksgiving dishes.

And last, my homeroom threw a Thanksgiving party that included turkey, mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie.

So while yes, I did have to work both Thursday and Friday, we still had our own funky Thanksgiving. On Thursday night, 10 of us got together at our place and enjoyed a little taste of America.

Here is my friend Jamie's blog with some photos of our Thanksgiving soiree:

http://inkandadventure.blogspot.tw/2012/11/thanksgiving-taiwan-style.html


0 comments

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin