Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Where I've Been: A Map



That's me in the second row from the top on the right hand corner.

We were at the international airport in Bangkok waiting for our flight to Macau.

You can see Sean is hunched over.

That's because, in all our trips to Thailand, we've spent probably around 20+ hours in this very spot.

Why?

Because I'm foolish.

When we first flew to Bangkok in 2010, our flight arrived at midnight. I thought, why pay for a hotel? We need to catch a train at 7a.m. anyway, let's just sleep in the airport.

So we did.

At one of these benches.

And then when we flew from Bangkok-China-San Francisco, I got mixed up about our flight times (some small detail like a.m. versus p.m.) so we spent another 12 hours sitting in these very same seats.

Sean was ready to never see these seats again.

But, as fate would have it, we once again found ourselves with some time to kill

I surfed the Internet.

I came across this nifty interactive map on a fellow traveler's blog. All you have to do to personalize it is click on the countries you have been to. It's cool to see travel trends and appreciate the ground you've covered.



Check out http://www.travbuddy.com/world-travel-map to make you own.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin