Summer break has arrived for most of the world but not yet for Taiwan. The last day of school is June 30 and in order to beat my summer-but-still-working blues, I've been busy signing up for fun things to do the second summer starts on July 1.
My two most exciting summer undertakings are:
Enrolling in a Photography Workshop
I signed up for
this workshop with
A Beautiful Mess. The workshop is five weeks long and the main goal is to help beginners like me better understand their fancy new cameras. I found out about this workshop when I first bought my Canon EOS M back in February but it was sold out. I had to wait until now to sign up. I am really excited to get to practice my photography back home and learn how to shoot in manual. Plus, I cannot wait to have the time to play around with Lightroom and VSCO Film, which have mostly been neglected over the past few months.
Trip Planning: Eastern European Edition
Are you ready for perhaps my most absurd travel idea yet? Okay, here it is: I am going to take a bunch of middle school + high school students on a two week trip through Eastern Europe during summer 2015. I know, I am crazy. This is something I have always wanted to do though. Maybe I will discover that it is a terrible way to travel and really no fun at all but I kinda doubt it. A friend [who is also a colleague of mine] and I are planning
this trip, which will take us through Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and Turkey. I am so excited!!!
It's shaping up to be a great summer [you know, once it actually starts].
Your Eastern European trip looks amazing! I'm envious! Istanbul, in particular, is top of my travel list at the moment
ReplyDeleteI know. I am so excited!
DeleteHave fun on your trip with students!
ReplyDeleteThanks!!! I really hope it is an amazing experience.
DeleteAh that Eastern European trip looks amaaaazing, even if you are stuck with a bunch of students. ;)
ReplyDeleteBahaha! I so hope it won't feel that way. We'll just have to wait and see.
DeleteWhaat? You are coming to my country?! Great choice of visiting Belogradchik - the rocks are really interesting, Veliko Tarnovo is probably the most beautiful city in Bulgaria, and I am very happy that you are going to visit Sofia as well! Nice!
ReplyDeleteI know! I am so excited about this. I am really stoked about the itinerary. I've actually never been to Eastern Europe before!
DeleteTHIS TRIP MUST HAPPEN. I've never been to eastern europe either [or anywhere other than spain] and I've wanted to see istanbul for at least a decade. the only time I've chaperoned was a field trip to Amish Country... but I think with the 4 of us we can handle it.
ReplyDeleteTotally agreed. I introduced the idea to my 8th graders and they were like SIGN ME UP! Amish Country... Easter Europe... same thing.
Delete