Sunday, April 27, 2014

catching up

Is there anything better than an early Sunday morning lakeside stroll in pursuit of coffee with a handsome man? 

I think not. 

Especially because Sean and I are still catching up. 

You see, he was in America for two weeks for his brother's wedding. It was a big.deal for the both of us because we have been glued at the hips for nearly 10 years. We have not been away from each other for more than a day or two and certainly never on opposite sides of the world. 

I realized many things while he was gone. 

First, he is the navigator of this family. I still get hopelessly lost on my scooter. Second, it's a man's business to kill cockroaches. Seeing one in the middle of the night is a terrible experience no matter what but especially when no husband comes running out of the bedroom in his underwear ready to fight off whatever made you shriek in terror. Third, he does a lot of the chores I hate doing. Suddenly, the laundry and dishes started piling up in his absence. Forth, his cooking tastes way better than mine. After a few days of ruined dinners, I gave up and started eating Mac & Cheese. Fifth, I cannot sleep well without his body curled up with mine. I had to leave the lights on and woke many times throughout the night reaching for him and getting nothing but pillow. 

But now he's home (yipee) and we got to roll out of bed and enjoy the beauty of an early Sunday morning stroll and I got to grill him about all the food he ate in America and how everyone is doing and what this place or that places looks like now and if it was weird to be back.

And mostly, I got to revel in his presence.



















6 comments

  1. I agree completely that men should be responsible for taking care of the cockroaches. And mice too! Great pictures - I especially like the one with the wheelbarrow! Cheers - Ellen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! Men should definitely be in charge of anything to do with mice. Yikes!

      Delete
  2. Not only that men are responsible for cockroaches and mice.. but the kitchen too! I too don't cook that much and so my husband does all the kitchen stuff.. I pet our cats while he's busy preparing our food, and I buy his favorite wine.
    Glad to know your husband's home now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am so glad he is home too! And so is my belly!

      Delete
  3. Yippee for your partner in crime being back! I head back to the US on saturday and my husband doesn't follow until mid-June. I'm not looking forward to going without him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am sorry to hear that! I hope that time goes by quickly and that you will still have a great time.

      Delete

Hover to Pin