Thursday, July 9, 2015

my fur family

Meet my fur family! 
This is Saki!
She is my brother-in-law's puppy.
She is so cute and rambunctious and sweet.
She loves to play and she is learning to sniff out the weakest link who will always give her treats (read: me).
We had so much fun at the ocean!
This is Koda.
11 years ago, I went with my husband's family to the airport to pick up Koda.
He is surly and weird and the cutest oddball I have ever met.
He's getting old and barely tolerates Saki, but they are learning to get along.
We had a lot of fun digging holes in the sand!
These are my brother's dogs, Zeus + Jane.
My brother and I picked out Zeus from a rescue shelter.
Zeus took one look at Joel and chose him.
I love this dog so much.
His personality and his heart are just so big and full of love.
When I first saw him after two years away in Taiwan, he gave me the biggest doggie hug.

Jane is their newest addition.
She thinks she's a lap dog.
I am totally in love with her too!
And this is Sasha, a Great Dane I met on the beach the other day.
He's not family, but I fell head over heels in love with him.
I reeeeeally want a Great Dane (three actually, and I already know their names: Doc, Gus and Bo).
I was really grateful that Sasha's people let me hang out with them for a while at the ocean so I could get to know him.
If you are not a dog person, you may not understand this, but I miss these pups so much when I am away, and seeing them over the summer brings us so much joy!


4 comments

  1. Furry friends make life something special :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. I need my own fur family back in Taiwan because my stuffed animals are not as much fun as these fur babies.

      Delete
  2. Ahhh - just adorable! I had a great dane growing up too - found this trying to find pics of Dr Gus Bojangles!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so lucky!! Here is a link to a post I wrote about Dr. Gus Bojangles:
      http://talesofawannabevagabond-jackie.blogspot.tw/2012/11/and-we-call-him-bo.html

      Delete

Hover to Pin