Friday, June 26, 2015

marking a milestone

I once read something that I liked a lot. 
It was something along the lines of learning to expect the unexpected. 
Sometimes really bad things happen in a completely unexpected way or at a completely unexpected time.
But sometimes really good things happen too.
Things that are unexpected and unlikely and a weird twist of fate.
Over the last few years, I have grappled with really painful unexpected twists of fate like my father's passing.
But this week we were granted one of those beautiful unexpected moments.
And that was my husband being offered a job to teach elementary school.
I don't really want to get into all of the details, but we had resigned ourselves over to one more year of being a single income household.
But then voila!
Fate smiled on us and now we are marking a pretty huge milestone. 
Sean's degree arrived in the mail.
Not only is he a certified elementary school teacher, he also graduated with honors.
We had no idea!
Then suddenly, as if by magic, the most perfect job opened for him at my school for next year.
He will be teaching 4th grade to the kids he spent all this year student teaching.
This week is proof positive that we should all expect the unexpected, both good and bad. 
I am still basking in the glow of doing what we set out to do three years ago: become a married teaching couple globetrotting the world. 
Over the last three years, we have settled into our expat lifestyle as Sean started and finished his degree in education.
We have had ups and downs along the way.
But I have to tell you that it has been worth it and I am so excited for all of the possibilities that are in store for us as we mark this milestone on our long and winding journey! 





8 comments

  1. Congratulations to your husband! That is great news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic news!! Here's to your next adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am so excited to be a double income household because I think that means double the adventures!

      Delete
  3. now I have to read your blog since we can't chat in person :/ but I am SO SO excited you are staying, and so glad that things finally worked out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for things fiiiiiiiiiiiinally working out :)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations. This is such a lovely post. Life has so many twists and turns, and some of them are very sad and unfair, but I love that life also chucks out these things that seem 'just right'.

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin