Friday, October 28, 2016

a Pacific Northwest road trip, Part VI: Lake Crescent

Welcome to Lake Crescent. This is a deep water lake in Olympic National Park. Its water is chilly and a deep, deep blue. The road that hugs this beauty is windy and narrow, and there are many pull outs so drivers can stop to admire the lake's beauty.

My favorite thing to do at Lake Crescent is talk to the resident ducks. This summer, however, no ducks appeared where we parked. In the past, we kept some left over bread from our camping excursion just for the purpose of visiting the ducks of Lake Crescent.

Duck whispering is kinda my thing when I visit lakes.

But this time around, I had to be content with listening to the tide of the lake and feeling a cool summer breeze.

Next time, I hope my ducks are back.


1 comments

Hover to Pin