Sunday, June 15, 2014

summer undertakings

Summer break has arrived for most of the world but not yet for Taiwan. The last day of school is June 30 and in order to beat my summer-but-still-working blues, I've been busy signing up for fun things to do the second summer starts on July 1.

My two most exciting summer undertakings are:

Enrolling in a Photography Workshop
source
I signed up for this workshop with A Beautiful Mess. The workshop is five weeks long and the main goal is to help beginners like me better understand their fancy new cameras. I found out about this workshop when I first bought my Canon EOS M back in February but it was sold out. I had to wait until now to sign up. I am really excited to get to practice my photography back home and learn how to shoot in manual. Plus, I cannot wait to have the time to play around with Lightroom and VSCO Film, which have mostly been neglected over the past few months.

Trip Planning: Eastern European Edition

Are you ready for perhaps my most absurd travel idea yet? Okay, here it is: I am going to take a bunch of middle school + high school students on a two week trip through Eastern Europe during summer 2015. I know, I am crazy. This is something I have always wanted to do though. Maybe I will discover that it is a terrible way to travel and really no fun at all but I kinda doubt it. A friend [who is also a colleague of mine] and I are planning this trip, which will take us through Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and Turkey. I am so excited!!!

It's shaping up to be a great summer [you know, once it actually starts]. 




10 comments

  1. Your Eastern European trip looks amazing! I'm envious! Istanbul, in particular, is top of my travel list at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun on your trip with students!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! I really hope it is an amazing experience.

      Delete
  3. Ah that Eastern European trip looks amaaaazing, even if you are stuck with a bunch of students. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahaha! I so hope it won't feel that way. We'll just have to wait and see.

      Delete
  4. Whaat? You are coming to my country?! Great choice of visiting Belogradchik - the rocks are really interesting, Veliko Tarnovo is probably the most beautiful city in Bulgaria, and I am very happy that you are going to visit Sofia as well! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I am so excited about this. I am really stoked about the itinerary. I've actually never been to Eastern Europe before!

      Delete
  5. THIS TRIP MUST HAPPEN. I've never been to eastern europe either [or anywhere other than spain] and I've wanted to see istanbul for at least a decade. the only time I've chaperoned was a field trip to Amish Country... but I think with the 4 of us we can handle it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agreed. I introduced the idea to my 8th graders and they were like SIGN ME UP! Amish Country... Easter Europe... same thing.

      Delete

Hover to Pin