Wednesday, August 13, 2014

to the sea


I am no sailor.
Or salty dog.
Nor a mariner or seafarer.

But I am a Pacific Northwesterner.
And the water is in my blood.

I have never lived more than five minutes away from the sea {until Taiwan}.
Beaches are where I stroll and sand is what I have to shake out of my shoes before going inside.
I collect beach rocks and sea glass and driftwood. 

We are coming to the end of our summer adventure in the United States.
We are beginning to cross off items from our shopping lists and strategise the best way to utilize the 200 pounds of luggage we get between our four suitcases.
Dates have been made to say goodbye to dear family and friends.
We will be back in one year but one year is a long time to wait to hug your mother and pet beloved dogs.

So when my mother suggested my family spend a Sunday afternoon together on a chartered sailboat, we all jumped at the chance. 

So that's what we did.

We spent four hours sailing in the sunshine.
We laughed.
We talked.
We ate.
We simply enjoyed each other's company.
And we admired the beautiful sea. 

I am a Pacific Northwesterner.
And water is in my blood.
So I can think of no better way to spend a few quality hours with the people I love before we part ways and head to the other side of the world.















6 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! My awesome Canon EOS M can take all of the credit!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures and I love that you all are still a bit bundled up. That looks like my perfect kind of weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooooo good! beautiful words. beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin