Tuesday, November 24, 2015

beef noodle soup

Beef noodle soup is the thing to eat in Taiwan.

When I first arrived here 3 years ago, I choked down a few bites of my first bowl.
Literally.
Then, my taste buds were still cultivating their tolerance of anything with spice.
And my first bowl overwhelmed me.
When I say choked, I mean exactly that.
There were tears and everything.

Now?
I am a beef noodle soup pro.
And I eat it at least once a week!
I wax and wane between fat noodles or skinny noodles.
I even wax and wane between the clear broth and the dark broth.

But I definitely know my favorite place to get it.
It's the soup shop that has a line wrapped around the block to get in.

The other night, we both had a long day.
I had planned on making pesto for dinner, but we looked at each other and said:
Shall we?

Without even having to ask, we walked to the door, grabbed our helmets and headed out to get a bowl full of soupy bliss.

That is exactly how good Taiwanese beef noodle soup is.

4 comments

  1. Yum! I'm all about beef noodle soups, or any Asian noodle soups!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is definitely my favorite! Sometimes I have it more than twice a week for dinner :)

      Delete
  2. It's moments like that that remind why having a partner is one of the best things. You just know each other and simple moments like this are what makes a relationship. Our prefer chat is "Did you say Thai food? I think you did" then we head to a student place in town to grab some tasty Thai food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! My husband is the most precious thing in my life, and always will be!

      Delete

Hover to Pin