Friday, July 5, 2013

Sleeping with dragons in Halong Bay

Green placid water.

Tall jutting cliffs Vietnamese myth attribute to dragons.

Monkeys and fish.

Paradise. 
Sean and I spent:

... three days idly floating through the bay and surrounding waters.

... two nights curled up together in the chair on our balcony.

... two mornings lazily watching the sun rise.

... three days kayaking, laughing, and sun bathing.
Halong Bay is truly indescribable.

So, I won't try.

Just know, whenever I hear the word paradise I will close my eyes and think of the time we spent sleeping with the dragons. 



6 comments

  1. We are quite envious of your experience. -Boehms

    ReplyDelete
  2. We debated going there when we were in Vietnam and chose Whale Island and diving instead. Next time.... Your photos are great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Halong Bay. You did such a great job writing about it! i still haven't posted about it because I just can't find the words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. Those dragon shapes are truly one of the great sights of the world. Sounds like a lot of fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Halong Bay is a magnificent part of the world. It's almost a surreal experience to be out on a junk amongst it. Came here via #SundayTraveler

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin